Do you enjoy working with the latest cutting-edge technologies, coming up with your own ideas and thinking out of the box? Would you like to be at the start of something new and groundbreaking? If you do, we're looking for you.
As our .NET Developer you will be working on a PremiseMachine: a software system that matches data crawled from a plethora of online sources (i.e. records) and builds a database of premises: physical places selling products like beer, shirts, etc. Our data analysts and scientists further use this database to provide exhaustive information to our customers about every premise and a group of premises based on their geographical and sociological neighbours and other indicators.
In PremiseMachine, we combine the existing and invent our own original algorithms to better match the records in order to make the database as reliable as possible. The algorithms need to be both robust and fast. In the Czech Republic alone, the PremiseMachine works with approx. 2M records defined by approx. 5M names and 5M locations, generating approx. 900k unique premises. For other countries, these numbers are even higher.
Currently, we are migrating from the on-premise infrastructure to the cloud. In the near future, we will need to develop a robust API to deliver the data to our clients.
What will your role entail?
- Design, develop, and document applications/services for processing data from various formatted and unformatted sources (API, web pages, databases, JSON, XML, plain text, etc).
- Work with other SharpGrid colleagues (data analysts, data scientists, or business people) on improving our products.
- Mentor junior colleagues in technical areas.
- You will be a part of the overall design process.
- An opportunity to work in an ambitious, dynamically growing company, headquartered in Prague that has begun a phase of rapid international expansion.
- A chance to truly disrupt an existing market research & insight industry worldwide.
- Working in an experienced and proficient team that blends people of different backgrounds, expertise, age, and interests and includes true experts in their fields.
- An open and friendly company culture based on mutual trust.
- Beautiful, spacious, and very well equipped offices in the modern building of Praga Studios in Karlín (bike room, showers, roof terrace, Mocamaster with excellent coffee beans).
- Support for professional and personal development (Azure and GCP certifications, business account at UDEMY, access to DataCamp, internal knowledge sharing, company workshops, and much more).
- Team building and sports events.
- A telehealth service uLékaře.cz for you and your family.
- 5 weeks of vacation.
What do we expect from you:
- Have at least 3 years of experience with commercial software development in C# i.e.:
- You know data structures and know how to use design patterns correctly.
- You know how to write testable code.
- You can work with concurrent and parallel code.
- Be able to work with databases in SQL language and through ORM.
- Enjoy sharing your experience with others mentoring junior team members.
- Out-of-the-box thinking. For example, records matching can be done in a lot of different ways. Feel free to come up with a new approach if you feel the current one is not efficient enough.
- Experience with analysis and technical project management.
- Experience with CI / CD, Docker containers and agile development might be useful as well.
- Knowledge of programming in Python.
The technologies we use:
- .NET Core, .NET 6 (C#), Python
- MS SQL, Postgres via EF Core or Dapper.
- Microsoft Azure, GCP, Spark
- Azure DevOps (issue tracking, code repositories, CI / CD, sprint management)
- K8s, Docker
We work in two-week sprints with daily standups, reviews, and retrospectives. We always share new knowledge and skills with each other. And we try to keep track of the rapidly evolving world of technologies as much as possible. We hope you will too! If you're interested, contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.